Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Memories to Draw From

If you approached a group of twenty somethings on the street and started a conversation about "Rugrats" I could almost guarantee that they would all light up and begin to reminisce about their childhoods. Although most millennials will remember this show as well as "Rocked Power", "The Wild Thornberrys", and "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters". They would not be able to tell you what all these shows have in common aside from them all being produced by Nickelodeon. However these classic shows do have something else in common. They all had David Fontana working on their creative teams. Whether he was directing or storyboarding he brought a creativity to these shows which made them memorable. Currently in semi retirement from television David is now having fun by lending his immense talents to the caricaturist team at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Which is where I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him. It is an unfortunate truth that we (the fans) too frequently leave the creative teams of our favorite shows unrecognized. So thank you David Fontana for being a part of my childhood, by helping bring the characters I love to life. Because of your work I have a big part of my childhood to pass on to my children someday.



P.S. I bought my Reptar Bars today and yes they do turn your tongue green.

Be sure to check out David's website here: http://www.davefontana.com/

Also follow him on Twitter: @DjScungilli

No comments:

Post a Comment